At the 2021 YWAS AGM, the membership voted to set the current annual membership period as being from 1st June 2021 to 31st May 2022.
The annual membership fee is currently set as $30 per Ordinary Member of the society.
Do note that members are exempt from paying this fee if the organisation they are associated with participates in the Bulk Membership package scheme. (See details below).
Renewal of membership can be made via this link with payment of $30 made by online bank transfer to:
Bank Account Details
Name of Bank: DBS Bank Ltd
Name of Account: Youth Work Association (S’pore)
Account Number: 106-901995-8
Upon completion of bank transfer, please inform us at email@example.com
The 2021 AGM also voted that a special Bulk Membership package can be taken up by interested organisations for their staff or volunteers who meet the application criteria.
The bulk membership fee, currently set at $300, can be used to cover as many membership applications from the organisation as needed.
If you are associated with an organisation participating in the Bulk Membership package scheme (see list below), please contact your respective organisation to submit your name to us for inclusion into the current annual membership list.
Youth-serving organisations that are interested to join this scheme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
2021 Bulk Membership Scheme – Participating Organisations
(as at 1st November 2021)
- Bilby Community Development
- Boys’ Town
- Calvary Community Care
- CARE Singapore
- Fei Yue Community Services
- New Life Community Services
- SHINE Children & Youth Services
- Singapore Children’s Society
- TOUCH Community Services
- Youth Guidance Outreach Services
Ordinary Membership into the Association will be accepted on evidence of completion of relevant training related to youth work as well as involvement in one or more of the following functions: :
- Youth Engagement
- Youth Development
- Youth Outreach
- Youth Rehabilitation
The Association recognizes the following training as related to youth work for membership application:
- Degrees from the fields of Youth Work, Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, Education, Sociology and related fields, taken from any local Universities or recognized institutions. Overseas institutions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Diploma from the fields of Psychology, Youth Work, Social Work, Counselling, Education, Sociology and related fields, taken from any local Polytechnics or recognized institutions. Overseas institutions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- “Working with Youth” Course (Introduction, Intermediate and or Advanced) conducted by SSI.
- WSQ Certificate Course in “Youth Work” awarded by SSI.
- WSQ Certificate Course in “Youth Care and Outreach”
OTHER MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES
Apart from Ordinary Members, there are other types of membership outlined in the Association’s constitution:
- Associate Members: Persons who are members of allied professions who shall satisfy the Committee that they have a legitimate interest in the aims of the Society.
- Student Members: Persons who are undergoing a course related to youth work that is recognized by the Society.
- Honorary Members: Persons who, by reason of their eminence in the youth work profession or their substantial contribution to the profession of youth work or its practice, may be elected to Honorary membership by the Annual General Meeting on recommendation of the Committee.
- Overseas Members: Persons who qualify as ordinary members but are not residents of Singapore. An overseas member shall be liable to pay a subscription and shall enjoy all other privileges of membership but shall have no voting rights. He/she would not be included in any computation of a quorum.
Only Ordinary Members who are above 21 years of age shall have the right to vote and be eligible to hold office in the Association.
Membership Application Form is available here.
Please return to email@example.com